Israeli PM Netanyahu has arrived in the U.S. with Defense Minister Ehud Barak…at 2:30pm today they will meet with Secretary of State Clinton, and later with Defense Secretary Gates….tonight, Netanyahu will have dinner with Vice President Biden….then he will cross town to address the AIPAC gala dinner at the Washington Convention Center where some 7,500 pro-Israel activists, Congressional leaders, business leaders, students and journalists are expected….Lord willing, Lynn and I will be there with the incoming chairman of The Joshua Fund and his wife….Tuesday, the PM is expected to meet with President Obama at the White House, and with Congressional leaders….on Wednesday, he will do U.S. media interviews, and then fly back to Israel…..please pray for safety for the PM and his team on this trip….pray, too, for the Lord to heal the U.S.-Israeli relationship, avert the train wreck that is currently in motion, and for the Lord to give the PM and his team wisdom and courage to do and say the right things at the right times. Thanks.
Meanwhile, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the following in his New Year’s message: “The spring of human prosperity is the establishment of praying for one God and justice in the world, which will be built by the Lord of the Age [the Shi'ite 12th Imam, the Mahdi]….The age is the age of the appearance [of Imam Mahdi]. The mystery of persistence, happiness and the growing awareness of the Iranian nation is in faith and hope for the rule of the Imam in the world….The government is determined to assert its presence in managing the world wisely and powerfully in order to restore the Iranian nation’s honorable position….All of you should be ready, as tomorrow belongs to us.”
ORIGINAL POST: As the U.S. and U.N. continues trying to divide Jerusalem and Israel, consider Joel 3:1-2, “For behold, in those days and at that time…I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter in judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance Israel [because] they have divided up My land.”
Please keep the Israeli Prime Minister and his team in your prayers as they fly to Washington. Please pray that the Lord would give them safety and wisdom for the AIPAC speech tomorrow night and in their meetings with the President, VP, Secretary of State and Congressional leaders. Please particularly pray that the Lord would give the PM the courage to resist the administration’s intense pressure to divide Jerusalem and further divide the Holy Land.
- Hamas fires another rocket at Israel from Gaza, 12th in past week
- Mitchell invites Netanyahu to meet with Obama
- Netanyahu and Obama to meet Tuesday in Washington
- Report: Netanyahu to ask Obama for weapons to strike Iran
- No Israeli concessions on Jerusalem: Netanyahu
- AIPAC conference begins in Washington
>> Would you like to help The Joshua Fund provide food and cooking supplies for Israeli families living below the poverty line this Passover, provide other humanitarian aid to poor and needy Israelis and Palestinians throughout the year, and stock the new warehouse with food supplies ahead of the next war? Please click here
Consider attending an upcoming event :
- “Preach The Word Prophecy Conference” at Harvest Fellowship in Orange County
- “A Night With Joel C. Rosenberg” in San Jose, CA to help the ministry of Hormoz Shariat, “the Billy Graham of Iran”
- The 2010 Epicenter Conference in Philadelphia with Joel C. Rosenberg; fmr. Delta Force commander Lt.-Gen. (ret.) Jerry Boykin; Bible teacher Kay Arthur, Pastor Greg Laurie, Mosab Hassan Yousef (author of the book, Son of Hamas), and more