The plot thickens.
As Israel becomes increasingly isolated from the world, anti-Semitism rises, and Helen Thomas — dean of the White House press corps — retires after an anti-Semitic rant in which she said Jews should ”get the —- out of Palestine” and go back to Germany and Poland, there are intriguing new developments in the epicenter. The leaders of Russia, Iran and Turkey are meeting today in Istanbul, Turkey to discuss how to form a closer alliance, fueling further interest in whether the events we are seeing unfold are consistent with the coming fulfillment of the Bible prophecies of Ezekiel 38-39 and the “War of Gog and Magog.”
“Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin arrived in Turkey on Tuesday to attend the third summit of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA) and hold bilateral talks with top officials from Turkey and other countries,” reports the Russian news agency, RIA Novosti. “The CICA is an inter-governmental Asian security forum, which was established in 1992 and currently comprises 18 member states, including Russia, China, South Korea and Turkey….Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov told RIA Novosti Monday that in Istanbul, Putin and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan will also discuss bilateral cooperation. [Russian President Dmitry] Medvedev visited Turkey’s capital Ankara on May 11-12. The Istanbul talks are seen as a continuation of the dialogue started at the level of the heads of state.”
Let’s keep praying for the peace of Jerusalem, and let’s pray, too, for Helen Thomas, the daughter of Lebanese immigrants. Her recent remarks were anti-Semitic and reprehensible. If she hadn’t retired, she should have been fired. But let’s pray for her to come to know Jesus Christ as her Savior and Lord. She’s confused, but God loves her, as He does us all.
- New York Times: Russia, Turkey and Iran Meet, Posing Test for U.S.
- Iran, Turkey stress closer cooperation
- Ahmadinejad Stresses Need for New World Order
- Is bin Laden hiding in Iran?
- Iran’s Gaza-bound ships ready for clash with Israel – Ahmadinejad
- Washington Post: A resilient Iran shields itself from pressure by building alliances
- U.N. Is Set to Vote on Iran Sanctions on Wednesday
- Putin arrives in Turkey for security summit, bilateral talks
- Putin says to meet Ahmadinejad as Iran sanctions loom — Russian Prime Minister said he will meet Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Istanbul on Tuesday ahead of a U.N. Security Council vote to impose a fourth round of sanctions on Tehran.
- Ahmadinejad arrives in Istanbul
- Erdogan, Putin: Israel won’t get our gas
- Russian PM: Gas pipeline may not go to Israel
- Washington Post reports in 2002, Helen Thomas said, “Thank God for Hezbollah”
- Veteran journalist Helen Thomas abruptly retires following flap over her remarks on Israel
- White House press icon Helen Thomas, 89, apologizes for saying Jews should ‘get out of Palestine’
- Two NJ residents arrested at JFK airport on terrorism charges
- Minister Ya’alon says Navy raid a failure — Strategic affairs minister, who served as acting PM during deadly takeover of Gaza-bound vessel, praises commandos, but says ‘someone failed to prepare a standard operating procedure.’
- Video: Gaza flotilla to Israeli Navy: “Shut up, go back to Auschwitz” and “We’re helping Arabs go against the US, don’t forget 9/11.”
Register today for the 2010 Epicenter Conference to learn how to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus — hear from Israel’s Vice Prime Minister as well as Lt.-General (ret.) Jerry Boykin, Greg Laurie, Kay Arthur, Tony Perkins, Hormoz Shariat and Mosab Hasan Yousef (via video)