Thanks for all the people who have been emailing me about when my next book will be out. I am glad to be able to announce that the next one will be a novel — a geopolitical thriller — entitled, The Twelfth Imam. It releases nationwide on October 19th with a national book tour. It is now available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CBD, as well as your local book and Christian retailer.The Twelfth Imam is the first in an entirely new series — new characters, new threats, and several new questions I’ve been wrestling with: 1) What if the world waits too long and Iran actually acquires nuclear weapons? 2) What if the Islamic messiah known as the Mahdi or the Twelfth Imam actually comes to earth? What would that look like? What would happen? Would it be consistent with Jesus warning in Matthew 24 that false messiahs will come in the “last days”?
The timing of the new book could be interesting given a story a few days ago by the Voice of America. Excerpts: “Iran’s Supreme Leader has reportedly issued a fatwah, or Islamic edict, demanding that people obey him as the earthly ‘deputy’ of both the Prophet Muhammad and Shi’ism’s mysterious 12th Imam. He also accused the U.S. and Britain of sowing division among Muslims and of fomenting the recent mosque bombing in Sistan-Baluchestan. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has created a stir after apparently issuing a religious edict Tuesday claiming ultimate spiritual powers on Earth. Iranian media reported that he told followers that they must ‘obey him’ as the “representative of the Prophet Muhammad and [Shi'ism's] 12th Imam on Earth…..’”
HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Gaza rocket strikes Ashkelon, two mortar shells hit west Negev
- Arab League authorizes Palestinians to engage in direct peace talks with Israel
- Gay Pride Parade held in Jerusalem
- House Republicans Giving Green Light for Israeli Strike on Iran — Congressional resolution introduced by Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas would support “all means necessary to confront and eliminate nuclear threats posed by Iran”, including military force.
- Full text of House Resolution 1553