Evidence continues to mount that Israeli leaders are seriously contemplating launch a preemptive strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities, possibly within days or weeks. Now Israelis are accelerating their preparations for war. The country has a new Minister of Home Front Security. Meanwhile, Israeli citizens are standing in long lines to get gas masks for themselves and their children, concerned as much about the implosion of Syria and the possible use of Syria’s stockpiles of chemical weapons as about Iran’s nuclear threat.
“‘The world has received yet more proof that Iran is “continuing to make accelerated progress toward achieving nuclear weapons,’ Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Friday in a meeting with US Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) during the latter’s tour of the Middle East,” reports the Times of Israel. “Netanyahu spoke in response to a New York Times report warning that nuclear inspectors would soon report that Iran has installed ‘hundreds of new centrifuges in recent months’ and may be ramping up nuclear fuel production. He said that Iran was making progress on its nuclear program ‘while totally ignoring international demands.'”
Latest headlines worth tracking:
- AFP: Israel picks new Home Front Defense Minister
- AP: Israelis line up for gas masks as fears mount over Syria’s control of chemical weapons stocks
- BusinessWeek: Israel Plans for Iran Strike, Citizens Fear Worst
- AFP: Israel tests SMS missile alerts as Iran chatter grows
- Times of Israel: Syria can destroy Israeli nuclear facilities ‘with 20 missiles,’ boasts ambassador to Jordan
- Reuters: IAEA-Iran nuclear negotiations break down
- Jerusalem Post: Analysis: Brotherhood taking total control of Egypt
>> Help The Joshua Fund care for the poor and needy in Israel, teach the Word of God in the epicenter, educate and mobilize Christians around the world to bless poor and needy Israelis, train pastors and ministry leaders in Egypt, strengthen the believers in Syria, and prepare for a possible major new war in the epicenter — please prayerfully consider a generous, tax deductible financial contribution to The Joshua Fund.
- Participate in the 2012 Epicenter Conference set for Sept 12-16 in Albuquerque, New Mexico — will be webcast worldwide
- Sign up today for The Joshua Fund’s 2013 “Prayer & Vision” trip to Israel and 2013 Epicenter Conference — this trip isn’t for everyone; we’re looking for Christians who truly love Israel, are “prayer warriors” and are ready to put their faith in action by going to Israel to bless her despite of — or because of — the threats of war.
- Please join the conversation and follow on Twitter @joelcrosenberg
- My spiritual journey — how did my parents and I come to faith in Jesus Christ?