>> Reminder: The “Implosion Radio Special” will air on 700+ Christian radio stations this weekend to call for prayer for America and Israel. Please check here for times and stations in your area. Or you can click here to listen to the 2-hour broadcast on-line.
Today, I am honored to join the ministry of “If My People 2012″ to ask Americans to pray for Israel — to pray for geopolitical peace for all the people in the epicenter, as well as to pray for Jews, Muslims and nominal Christians to turn to the Prince of Peace, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to receive Him by faith. Here is a link to the video (about 5 minutes). Please take a moment to watch it, to pray with me, and to share this with others.
Have you been praying for repentance and revival in America for the past few weeks? I hope you have. We desperately need to turn our hearts back to the Lord Jesus Christ and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways that He may hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land.
Today is Day 35 of the 40 days of prayer many pastors and ministry leaders have committed to, leading up to the election next Tuesday. We have called for 40 days of prayer and fasting because we know that America is in so much trouble financially, economically, morally, culturally and spiritually that only Christ can save us. We need a Third Great Awakening, or we face implosion as a nation.
Here, too, is a link to the audio of my personal spiritual journey. Earlier this year, I spoke at a church in Arizona and told the story of how my parents and I came to faith in Jesus as Messiah — as well as the story of a time of personal revival in my life in January 1984 when I was at my lowest point spiritually and emotionally. I hope that is helpful to you, and to others.
That said, we also need to pray for the peace and protection of the nation of Israel, and all of the inhabitants of the epicenter, be they Jews or Arabs. Given all the sins we are committing as a nation — and the danger we face of God’s judgment — the last thing we dare do is forget, or abandon, or turn away from, or stand against the nation of Israel. In Genesis 12:1-3, God promised Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that “those who bless you I will bless, and those who curse you I will curse.” Let us be a blessing to the nation of Israel and to all who live there, including the Palestinians, let God turn His face and hand against us.
- Pray for God to send ministering angels to protect and shield Israel. Psalm 71:3-5
- Praise Jesus because He is faithful to keep His promises concerning Israel. Psalm 121:6-9
- Pray for the peace of Israel. Ask God to prosper the apple of His eye. Psalm 122:6-9
Tips and Suggestions on How To Pray
- Watch the Prayer Leader video and pray with him/her at the end.
- Pray throughout the day about today’s prayer topic.
- Pray together with friends, coworkers, and neighbors. Bedtime is a great time for families to quiet hearts before God’s throne in prayer and supplication.
- If you feel led, pray about fasting during the next 40 days on behalf of our nation.