Israeli leaders and citizens are feeling very much alone these days. They see the Radical Islamic world — led by Iran — preparing to annihilate the Jewish State. And they see very few, if any, around the world willing to stand with them against the forces of barbarism. Historically, an Israeli Prime Minister and his people could always count on the strong friendship and strategic support of the United States. But that is no longer the case. As I noted last week on the Glenn Beck show, a train wreck is coming between the U.S. and Israel over the Iran issue. The White House and State Department do not seem to understand the eschatology that is driving Tehran, and thus do not understand how high the stakes are. Worse, they are getting dangerously close to being appeasers of the Ahmadinejad regime.
An editorial this week in a major Israeli newspaper, Yediot Aharonot, notes the applause with which many delegates at the Durban II conference in Geneva greeted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s speech and asserts that, “The harsh conclusion is that more than one country in the world, more than ten, and not all of them Islamic, are ready to support wiping the State of Israel off the map.” The author declares that, “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was absolutely right when he said and says that we are alone,” and believes that, “The Americans will not lift a finger unless it becomes clear that the main target is America.” The paper says Israel should “prepare for war in an arena and at a time not to our liking.”
On Monday and Tuesday, I am scheduled to appear on the nationally syndicated Focus on the Family radio program, hosted by Dr. James Dobson. He recently interviewed me in his Colorado Springs studios on Inside The Revolution, the Iranian nuclear threat, the rise of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the future of U.S.-Israel relations, and the importance of building a global alliance of Christians committed to blessing Israel and praying for the peace of Jerusalem. The program is heard on over 3,000 radio facilities in North America. Please check local listings for the time and station in your area.
UPCOMING SPEAKING SCHEDULE:
- April 24-25 — Worldview Weekend conference in Branson, MO
- April 27-28– Interview on Dr. Dobson’s Focus on the Family radio program
- April 27 — Congressional Prayer Caucus in Washington, D.C. (private)
- May 1 — Inside the Revolution discussion and Q&A at McLean Bible Church (free and open to the public, but registration required)
- May 16 — Fundraising banquet for Dr. T.E. Koshy’s ministry in Syracuse, NY
- May 19 — Calvary Chapel Northeast Pastors Conference (private)
- May 30-31 — Shadow Mountain Community Church w/Dr. David Jeremiah, San Diego, CA
HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Inside The Revolution hits New York Times best-seller list for sixth week, now #3 on NYT’s political books list
- Haaretz: Clinton: Israel risks losing support on Iran
- Haaretz: Is Netanyahu really on a collision course with Obama?
- BBC: Netanyahu invited to visit Egypt
- MEMRI: Islamic leader says, ‘The Mujahideen Today Are in Great Need of Chemical, Biological and… Even Nuclear Weapons… To Defend What They Have Achieved and What They Will Achieve’
- AFP: Syria says Ahmadinejad speech reflected Arab views
- Jerusalem Post: Israelis would trust NATO in W. Bank