I’ve been tracking events in Iran closely over the past few days. Not since the Islamic Revolution of ’79 have we seen such ideological ferment and such passion in the streets of Iran. What fascinates me is how hungry the Iranian people are to overthrow their current regime. They want change. They want democracy. It’s not Mir Hossein Mousavi they want (after all, 70% of Iranians are under the age of 30 and don’t remember how bloody, despicable and tyrannical he was in office during the 1980s). They just want someone — anyone — to lead them out of the darkness Khomeini, Khamenei, and Ahmadinejad have dragged them into. They want someone who will lead the fight for their God-given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Will is the White House silent? Why won’t President Obama endorse and support the Reformers in Iran, rather than engage the Radicals who run the regime?
As I describe in Inside The Revolution, tens of millions of Iranians have abandoned Islam. Most are Reformers at heart, looking for political liberation. Millions are Revivalists, experiencing spiritual liberation. Both groups deeply oppose the Radicals that are strangling their country and destroying the lives of their children. Let’s keep praying for the full liberation of Iran, spiritual and political. And let’s be clear: the Ayatollah Khamenei is not really the Supreme Leader of Iran. Jesus Christ is — the King of kings and the Lord of lords. May His name be lifted up in Iran today.
>> Will you help us build a global alliance of 1 million true friends of Israel? Click here to sign up yourself, a friend or a family member for Joel’s Flash Traffic email alerts. Get the latest news and analysis on Israel and the epicenter, prayer requests and Joshua Fund project updates.
IRAN HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Hundreds of thousands in Iran protest vote result
- Ahmadinejad goes to Russia while up to 24 killed in Iran clashes
- Iran’s day of destiny: Robert Fisk witnesses the courage of one million protesters who ignored threats, guns and bloodshed to demand freedom in Iran
- Amir Taheri: Iran’s Clarifying Election — No longer can anyone pretend theocracy and democracy are compatible.
- Iran rules out annulment, Tehran crowds gather
- Iran bars foreign media from reporting on streets
- Twitter streams break Iran news dam
- Speed of Iran vote count called suspicious
- Obama Says ‘Dialogue’ With Iran Will Continue After Election
- Wanted: ‘Hope’ for Iran — Rarely in U.S. history has a foreign policy course been as thoroughly repudiated by events.
ISRAEL HEADLINES TO TRACK:
- Analysis: Why was Palestinian Authority reaction to Netanyahu’s speech so harsh?
- All Likud ministers fall in line behind Netanyahu: Minister of Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya’alon said Netanyahu had “exposed the true face of the Palestinians” as opposed to Israeli security
- Obama’s Wobbliness Is a Great Danger to Israel
- Haaretz poll: Netanyahu approval rating leaps after policy speech
- Alarming: Support of Americans for Israel has dropped 20 points in 9 months