UPDATED TUESDAY AFTERNOON: Israel is being bombarded with lies, false and unfair allegations and sheer anti-Semitic assaults. The U.S. is doing precious little to defend its most faithful ally in the Middle East, but this is the precise moment for followers of Jesus Christ to show unconditional love and unwavering support for the Jewish State amidst this brutal onslaught.
The Israeli Defense Forces had every right to defend themselves and their country from the brutal and premeditated attacks of terrorists and left-wing anti-Israel activists, and it is unconscionable for world leaders to act otherwise.
Here’s the background of what happened: Israeli is facing a new international crisis after a spasm of violence aboard Turkish-flagged boats filled with some 600 activists from the Middle East and Europe that were heading for Gaza as part of a “Gaza aid flotilla.” French, Danish and Israelis sources said some of the Turkish-backed left-wing activists had connections to terrorist organizations, including al-Qaeda and Hamas. The Israeli government had made it clear in advance that the six boats would not be allowed to enter Gaza directly but would have to bring any humanitarian aid they carried to be bringing through Israeli ports. Israeli commandos ordered the boats to stop, but the flotilla refused. The Israelis then forced the boats to stop and boarded them in part to determine if the activists were trying to smuggle weapons into Gaza. The commandos were then attacked by the activists and the Israelis defended themselves. At least 10 activists were killed and several more were wounded. At least 5 Israeli commandos were wounded, as well.
- UN Condemns Israel’s Deadly Flotilla Raid
- Activists send new boat to challenge Gaza blockade
- Iran wants Netanyahu to face trial for Gaza raid
- Hamas to world: Cut ties with Israel and force end to blockade
- NATO calls for probe into raid
- Probe reveals flotilla lynchers have ties to Global Jihad — interrogation of Gaza aid sail detainees reveals some of passengers recruited specifically to attack Israeli soldiers. Suspects found to be carrying multiple weapons, cash
- Turkey Prime Minister calls raid “a massacre”
- Turkey recalls envoy over Gaza flotilla deaths, accuses Israel of ‘state terrorism’ — Egypt summons Israeli ambassador after nine activists killed in Israel Navy raid; Arab League urges member states to ‘reconsider dealings with Israel’; Abbas: Israel committed ‘massacre’.
- Obama tells Netanyahu on phone: We need raid ‘facts’ ASAP — US President Barak Obama postpones Oval Office meeting with the prime minister, presses for IDF flotilla-raid details, expresses “deep regret at loss of life.”
- A brutal ambush at sea — Ron Ben Yishai recounts bloody clash aboard Gaza-bound vessel: The lacking crowd-dispersal means, the brutal violence of ‘peace activists,’ and the attempt to bring down an IDF helicopter
- Israeli Soldier: Activists came for war
- IDF forces met with pre-planned violence when attempting to board flotilla
- Netanyahu on Gaza ship raid: Soldiers acted in self defense
- Netanyahu: I regret Gaza flotilla deaths, but Israeli troops had right to self-defense