Here are several items I wanted to bring to your attention:
1. AHMADINEJAD CALLS NETANYAHU A “SKILLED KILLER” — Despite growing evidence that Iran is rapidly developing nuclear weapons, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told CNN’s Larry King last night that, “We are not seeking the Bomb.” He also denounced Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calling him a “skilled killer” who “should be put on trial for killing women and children.” This from a man who has publicly and repeatedly called for genocide against the U.S. and Israel. Ahmadinejad is scheduled to address the U.N. General Assembly today and pray for Allah to hasten the coming of the Shia Islamic messiah, known as The Twelfth Imam. Yet the world’s leaders are asleep. They do not seeing the gathering storm. They do not see the evil that is rising.
2. FORMER ENEMIES DISCUSS THE MIDEAST CRISIS — The world is desperately trying to find a solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict before it erupts into another war. But how often do two former enemies — a one-time aide to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu aide and a former aide to PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat — share the stage at a conference and say that Jesus is the only hope for peace? We will next week. On October 1st and 2nd, at the historic Moody Church in downtown Chicago, I will speaking at the “Inside The Middle East Crisis Conference: Finding Peace In A Troubled World,” along with Tass Saada, former PLO terrorist and advisor to Arafat. Joining us will be renowned Bible teachers and Mideast experts Dr. Erwin Lutzer, Dr. Charles Dyer, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and Dr. Mitch Glaser. Together, we will examine the very dangerous trends in motion in the epicenter right now. We will also talk from personal experience about how powerfully Jesus Christ is drawing men, women and children in the Middle East to Himself and supernaturally transforming lives and reconciling Jews and Arabs as never before in history. I really hope you will register today and join us for this fascinating event. It will open your eyes to the events that are unfolding in the Middle East from a biblical perspective and provide practical insight on how to love Israel and her neighbors, come what may. To register for the conference, please click here.
3. ADVANCING THE GOSPEL IN THE MIDWEST — My friend Greg Laurie is leading an evangelistic campaign in Chicago this weekend, September 24-26, 2010. This is a great opportunity fo invite friends, family members, neighbors, co-workers, and others who don’t know Jesus Christ personally to hear the life-changing message of the gospel in a clear and compelling way and in a non-threatening environment. Two hundred local Chicagoland churches are participating and a full house is expected all three nights. Hopefully you can attend in person, but if you can’t, you can view the campaign on-line at www.harvest.org/crusades/2010/chicago. For more information about the featured musicians, Greg Laurie, or event details, visit Chicago.harvest.org. All three nights of the event are free and open to the public.
4. CHURCHES SHUT DOWN IN SYRIA — I received this email from a dear Arab pastor friend of mine: “Our brethren and Churches in Syria need urgent prayers. The government closed about eight evangelical Churches in the last two weeks. All these churches are in North Syria mainly in Lattakia, Tartous, Homs, and wadi Al-Nasara. Some of the Churches in Damascus and Aleppo know that their turn will come soon. They are closing some of the Baptist and Alliance Churches. It is apparently by the approval of the High Counsel representative in Syria and some other beloved Brothers of the named Churches. I do not have lot much more information. I will update you when receiving additional news.” Please pray for courage for the believers in Syria. Please pray that the Lord would turn the hearts of the Syrian leaders and allow these churches to be reopened. Please also pray that no matter what happens, the gospel would be spread powerfully through all of Syria and the Islamic world before the next war comes.
5. AN ISRAELI FAMILY NEEDS YOUR HELP TO RECEIVE JUSTICE — Ami Ortiz is the son of an Israeli pastor and his wife. Ami was nearly killed in March 2008 by a bomb sent to his home in the Israeli town of Ariel. Many of you have prayed for him and the Lord has heard your prayers. By God’s grace, Ami is recovering miraculously, is playing basketball, and is enjoying life with his family and friends. But the man who has reportedly confessed to sending the bomb to the Ortiz’s home may not go to prison. Ami and his family need your help now to receive justice. Please click here to learn more about the very serious problem, and how you can help.