>> “No room at the inn”: All of Bethlehem’s 2,750 hotel rooms booked amidst record visitors on Christmas Eve, reports Haaretz
>> Gazans launch 27 rocket/mortar attacks on Israel: Israeli air force jets hit terror targets in Gaza after “a total of 23 mortars and four rockets have been launched at Israel from the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip since Sunday,” reports Agence France Presse.
As we celebrate the birth of our Savior and Messiah, please be praying for the people of Israel and the epicenter:
- Please keep praying that the Prince of Peace, will comfort and care for Kay Wilson, the Israeli believer in Jesus who was brutally stabbed last weekend.
- Please pray for her family and friends as they comfort her and seek to help her recover physically, spiritually and emotionally. “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love…rejoicing in hope, perserving in tribulation, devoted to prayer…rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.” (Romans 12:10,12,15)
- Please also keep praying for the family and friends of Kristine Luken, the American evangelical Christian who was murdered by the same attackers as she hiked with her friend, Kay.
- Please pray for the Israeli authorities to investigate and prosecute this case aggressively and professionally.
- Please pray the perpetrators are swiftly brought to justice, and that they also find Jesus as their Savior and Lord. “But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44)
- Please pray, too, for the believers in Israel, for courage and wisdom and for the name of Jesus to be lifted high in Israel and throughout the epicenter this Christmas season. “Jesus said, ‘And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” (John 12:32)
The Hebrew Prophet Micah wrote, “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity….He will arise and shepherd His flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord His God. And they will remain, because at that time He wil be great to the ends of the earth. This One will be our peace.” (Micah 5:2-5)
The Hebrew Prophet Isaiah wrote: “…[in] Galilee of the Gentiles, the people who walk in darkness will see a great light…..For a child will be born to us, a son will be given will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:1,2,6)
Here are the latest headlines from Israel.
- Haaretz: Body of American tourist killed near Jerusalem flown to U.S. — Dozens attend memorial service for Kristine Luken who was stabbed to death last weekend in a forest near Jerusalem while hiking with a friend
- Jerusalem Post: Memorial service for slain American to be held in J’lem — Police believe attack was nationalistically motivated, but no terrorist groups have taken responsibility
- Ynet News: Stabbing victim’s friends shocked — Neighbors, acquaintances of Kaye Susan Wilson stunned by brutal attack in mountainous area outside Jerusalem. ‘Who could hurt such a gentle woman?’ says her housekeeper tearfully
- FLASHBACK: First stories earlier this week about the terrorist attack on these two women in Israel