“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In a little while, I will once more shake the heavens and the earth. I will shake all the nations….I will shake the heavens and the earth. I will overturn royal thrones and shatter the power of the foreign kingdoms.” (Haggai 2:6-7, 21-22)
Dear American Pastors:
In the last few weeks, the U.S. stock markets have tanked. Americans have lost more than $2.3 trillion in personal wealth. Our economy has nearly stalled. Some 14 million American are out of work. We may be facing a double-dip recession. Our debt is exploding. And Washington is nearly paralyzed with partisan gridlock, even as Iran is building nuclear weapons, Syria and Libya are slaughtering thousands, Egypt has imploded, and Israel is increasingly threatened. Put it simply: Storm clouds are gathering. The winds are picking up. The tectonic plates beneath us are shifting. America is being shaken. Israel and the Middle East are being shaken. The Church is being shaken. Why? Where are we headed? What is God doing? And what is He asking followers of Jesus Christ to do?
At this critical moment in our history, I would ask you to please prayerfully consider hosting a special 3-hour simulcast at your church on Saturday, October 22, 2011. It is called, “The Gathering Storm: An Urgent Call To Prayer, Fasting and Repentance for America, Israel and the Church in the Light of Bible Prophecy.” In the first hour of this event, I will teach from the Holy Scriptures, analyze current events in light of Bible prophecy, and offer practical suggestions on how Christians should respond Biblically. Then, for the next nearly two hours, I will answer questions from believers all over the country.
Among the pressing questions I look forward to addressing:
- What are the current and growing economic, social, moral, and spiritual threats to America, Israel and the Church in 2011?
- How high are the stakes if God’s people don’t humble themselves and pray, fast and repent in the last days?
- How serious is the threat of Radical Islam to America, Israel and the Church?
- How serious is the threat of Rampant Secularism to America, Israel and the Church?
- Why are economic troubles and natural disasters intensifying here at home and around the world?
- What will happen to America if we turn our back on the nation of Israel?
- What does Bible prophecy say about the future of America, Israel and the Church?
- What are specific, practical, Biblical steps followers of Jesus Christ can take to seek God’s mercy for America, Israel and the Church at this critical hour?
Clearly, Washington doesn’t have the answers to the fundamental moral, spiritual and financial crises we are facing. Neither does the media or academia. The Bible does. But much of the Church seems to be asleep. What’s more, there are many false teachers out there, seeking to lead Americans — including believers — down dangerous paths. That’s why I believe it is so important to call followers of Jesus Christ together and provide them sound, truthful, theologically solid, Biblical answers to the most pressing questions of our times. I hope you will find this event helpful to you in your ministry, and will choose to host the simulcast in your church and encourage your congregation to attend.
Thank you so much for your partnership in the gospel. May the Lord bless you as you continue to preach the Word of God in season and out, make disciples, and feed Christ’s sheep in these critical times.
Joel C. Rosenberg
P.S. — If you’re not a pastor, please let your pastor know about “The Gathering Storm” event and encourage him to participate.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What is the “War of Gog & Magog” described in Ezekiel 38-39? — notes from a recent conference
- Israel, Prophecy, and the “Day of the Lord”: Understanding the Old Testament Book of Joel – notes from a recent conference
- Watch the videos from the 2011 Epicenter Conference online — and/or order the DVD package of all the messages