>> The Tehran Initiative — read first chapter; see interview schedule for next few days
UPDATED: Reuters is now confirming that Muammar Gaddafi is dead. Libya’s Prime Minister has also confirmed the news. The tyrant of Tripoli was a man whose hands were soaked with blood. He was a man who called for the Palestinians and other Arabs to have nuclear weapons to destroy Israel. He was responsible for the Pan Am 103 bombing in December 1988 that killed 270 people, including 35 of my fellow Syracuse University students who were on that flight. He was also a man who called himself the “King of kings” — has been brought to justice. Now, in death, he knows the truth: that Jesus Christ is the King of kings and Lord of lords. As an evangelical Christian, I will pray for his family and colleagues, that the Lord would comfort and console them and that they would repent of their sins and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- Iran Reaches Out to Libya’s Rebels
- Iran “discreetly aided Libyan rebels”
- Iran invites Libya rebel chief to Tehran
- Iran hopes Gaddafi domino will fall the right way — “Seen from Iran, Libya is either the latest dictatorship to fall to an ‘Islamic awakening’ that will unite the Muslim Middle East, or a new foothold for the treacherous West to assert its economic and political domination over the region.”
- Iran stole missiles during Gaddafi revolt in Libya
- September: Iran votes to give Libya’s UN seat to NTC rebels
At the same time, followers of Jesus Christ now need to do everything possible to get the Gospel into Libya. Christians should use satellite television, radio broadcasting, the Internet, social networking tools and “boots on the ground” to get the Bible’s message of hope, freedom and salvation through Jesus Christ alone into the country, and do everything possible to strengthen the persecuted believers there and plant new church congregations. As I wrote earlier this year, the government of Libya will eventually play a distinctly evil role in the End Times, according to several Bible prophecies. We don’t know how much time we have until the Lord returns, so we must use this time of unrest to advance the Kingdom of Christ courageously and wisely. [FLASHBACK: Bible Prophecy and the Future of Libya]
- To order The Tehran Initiative, please click here.
- To financially contribute to The Joshua Fund, please click here.
- To participate in “The Gathering Storm” simulcast on Saturday, Oct. 22, please click here.
- To see the interview schedule today for The Tehran Initiative, please click here