“Iranian pastor Youcef Nadarkhani is still alive and recent reports of his execution are false, according to the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which was able to confirm on March 26 that the imprisoned evangelical minister’s death sentence for apostasy has not been carried out,” reports the Christian Post. “Many followers of Nadarkhani’s case grew alarmed after a purported image of the pastor was in wide circulation on the Internet. The image shows the Iranian pastor blindfolded, standing on gallows next to a noose while two armed guards stand behind him. This image fueled rumors that Nadarkhani had in fact been executed. Iran has a history of executing prisoners without warning, sometimes leaving the body of the executed at the family’s doorstep, according to the ACLJ. The ACLJ has confirmed that the image, which has reportedly been in circulation since July 2011, is a fake and the execution rumors are false. The organization stipulates that the false execution reports and images may be a part of a misinformation campaign initiated by the Iranian regime….”
- Please keep praying for Pastor Youcef, for courage and boldness for Jesus.
- Please keep praying for his witness within the Iranian prison and for him to lead many to saving faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray, too, for his family and friends to be brave and strong and for any of his loved ones who don’t have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to come to faith very soon.
- Pray for the prison guards and people at every level of the Iranian government to come to faith in Christ.
- Pray for the persecuted Church in Iran to be brave and bold as they faithfully share the Gospel and make disciples throughout that suffering society.
- And pray for the Holy Spirit to continue to move powerfully in and through Iran — a great spiritual awakening is underway there, for many souls are being saved, and this is why the Iranian government is cracking down so hard on the believers.