(Washington, D.C.) — As the week began, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered an historic address in New York City in which he told the gathered world leaders at the U.N. General Assembly opening session that “in our time the Biblical prophecies are being realized.”
What did the Prime Minister mean? Is it true that Biblical prophecies are coming to pass in our lifetime? If so, which ones, and what might be coming next? What does the Bible say about the future of Israel?
As the week comes to a close, a special conference is taking place in New York City — “The People, The Land, and The Future of Israel (Oct 3-5)” — which will bring together some of the leading theologians in the Western world to address these and related questions:
- What does the Bible teach about the role of the Jewish people and the nation of Israel at the present time?
- What is God’s plan for the future of Israel and her neighbors?
- How can believers in Jesus be part of God’s peace process in the Middle East?
The timing is quite interesting. I am deeply honored to have been invited to participate, and am greatly looking forward to speaking in several sessions, including delivering the final message at the close of the conference on Saturday evening. My focus will be understanding current trends in Israel, Iran, Syria, and the Mideast peace process in light of Bible prophecy. The pastor of Calvary Baptist Church has also asked me to preach during their Sunday morning services. There I will be focusing on Israel and key elements of Bible prophecy, as well.
That said, even if I wasn’t speaking at the conference, I would be attending just to hear the caliber of the scholars who will be presenting. They are men I hold in high regard. Their research and writing has been helpful to me, and it will be a joy to be gathered with them in one place.
This CPM conference will be held at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan. If you live anywhere near Manhattan, I hope you will register today and join us. Indeed, even if you don’t live near New York, I’d strongly encourage you to prayerfully consider attending any way. It will be that useful and important, especially in the light of current events and the Prime Minister’s fascinating and historic words.
- At UN, Netanyahu spoke to a world that refused to listen — Whether credible or not, the Israeli military threat made a major comeback in New York on Tuesday. (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu: Iran’s Khamenei heads a ‘messianic, apocalyptic, radical cult’ — In interview with NBC, Israeli prime minister says Iranians may want change, but they are governed by Supreme Leader, not President Rohani (Haaretz).
- Iran gets senior seat on UN nuclear disarmament committee (Jerusalem Post)
- Israel, Gulf states said discussing new alliance to stop Iran (Times of Israel)
- Obama to PM: Iran more serious than before about nuclear diplomacy — White House sees collapse of Iran’s economy as main reason for readiness for diplomacy, senior official tells Haaretz.
- Follow Joel on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Order Damascus Countdown – now available in paperback online and in bookstores nationwide
- Listen to Damascus Countdown as an audio book.
- Order the paperback of The Tehran Initiative
- Order the paperback of The Twelfth Imam
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus – and make a tax deductible contribution