(New York City, New York) — We’ve just learned that The Auschwitz Escape has hit #7 on the hardcover fiction best-seller list of Publishers Weekly, the industry trade magazine. It has also just hit the USA Today best-seller list.
Thanks again to all of you who are reading the book, and writing and Tweeting and emailing and posting on Facebook about it. Please continue to honestly review the book and Tweet and Facebook me your thoughts. I’m reading as much of it as time will allow and love to see what parts of the book people find most interesting.
Given how important the true stories are that inspired this novel — and how eager I am to see people rediscover the lessons of the Holocaust — I’m especially encouraged by the initial reception the book is receiving. Hopefully, as word of mouth continues to spread about The Auschwitz Escape, more and more people — especially young people — will find themselves intrigued and inspired by such true heroes that faced a terrible evil but risked their lives to save others.
P.S. — Here’s a quick write up that Publishers Weekly published this week about the book.
It’s a departure from his usual idiom of contemporary thrillers with Middle East elements, but Joel Rosenberg’s historical novel The Auschwitz Escape (Tyndale) debuts characteristically high, at #7 on our Hardcover Fiction list. Rosenberg’s novel about a Christian pastor and a Jew who escape from the notorious Auschwitz death camp is based in fact. Rosenberg, who characterizes himself as a Jewish believer in Jesus, has already appeared on Fox News—he was interviewed by Shannon Bream while in Israel, and appeared on Greta Van Susteren’s On the Record. He had a lengthy interview with Pat Robertson on CBN’s The 700 Club. An op-ed he co-authored with former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum appeared at CNN.com. A book tour includes an event this week at a Manhattan synagogue. In its review, PW said the book was “Rosenberg’s most moving work to date.” Rosenberg’s previous books— he writes fiction and nonfiction —have sold nearly three million copies, with his latest adding to that total. —Marcia Z. Nelson
- Please join me on Tuesday, April 1st, for a book tour event with an Orthodox Rabbi at a Synagogue in Manhattan. RSVP today. We’d love to have you join us.
- Order The Auschwitz Escape today — it’s available now in hardcover, e-book and audio formats. You can get it online, or in your favorite bookstore.
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net) – educating and mobilizing Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, and caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief – read our 2013 Donor Report, and make a beginning-of-the-year, tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.