Three Israeli teenage boys — including one who is American-born — disappeared last Thursday. Fairly quickly, Israeli authorities determined the boys had been kidnapped and taken into the West Bank. Prime Minister Netanyahu says he has hard evidence that Hamas is responsible.
- Please pray for the Lord to protect these three young men — and their families — and give them courage and peace.
- Please pray that they will be returned safely to their families.
- Please pray, too, for Israeli authorities to have wisdom to know how to find them, and for Palestinian authorities to actively assist in their safe and speedy return.
- Please also share this story with others and encourage others to start praying.
“Yeshiva students Eyal Yifrach, 19, Gil-ad Shaar, 16, and Naftali Frenkel, 16, were abducted while hitchhiking south of Jerusalem Thursday night, Israeli officials said, leading to a wide-ranging manhunt in the West Bank to locate the three,” reports the Times of Israel.
“Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced Sunday morning that the Palestinian terror group Hamas was behind the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers in the West Bank on Thursday, and warned there would be ‘severe repercussions,'” the Times noted….”The IDF arrested 80 Palestinians, including senior members of Hamas and Islamic Jihad, overnight Saturday as security forces continued to search for information regarding the whereabouts of the students. Among those arrested was Hassan Yousef, one of the founders of Hamas, along with former ministers and members of the Palestinian parliament, according to the Palestinian Ma’an news agency. Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said the prime minister’s accusation was ‘stupid,’ and ‘designed to break Hamas,’ according to the Palestinian Ma’an News Agency. Abu Zuhri added that the tactic would not succeed, and that Israeli measures in the West Bank — including the wave of arrests — only indicated the IDF’s “state of confusion” with regard to the kidnapping. An IDF spokesperson confirmed to The Times of Israel that it believed Hamas was behind the kidnappings.”
“According to our current evidence we know that Hamas is responsible for the abduction,” the spokesperson said.
“Hamas hailed the ‘success’ of the abduction on Saturday, but a senior official of the group denied that the terror group had any involvement or knowledge about the incident,” the Times reported.
- Learn more about the true stories of four remarkable heroes that really did escape the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz in the spring of 1994 to tell the world the truth about the genocide of the Jewish people by Adolf Hitler and his Nazi tyranny.
- Order The Auschwitz Escape today — it’s available now in hardcover, e-book and audio formats. You can get it online, or in your favorite bookstore.
- Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net). This an organization my wife and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her Arab neighbors (including in Iraq) in the name of Jesus, including caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief. Read our 2013 Donor Report. Please pray for our team. And please make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution. Thank you so much.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.