(Washington, D.C.) — Early this morning, the Israeli security cabinet voted to accept Egypt’s cease fire proposal.
Hamas leaders, however, promptly rejected the proposal as a “joke.” Instead, they fired a barrage of 47 rockets at Israel just as the Israelis stopped their combat operations.
Senior Israeli government sources say Hamas’ rejection clears the way for Israel to launch new attacks against the terrorists in Gaza. They also say it provides broad international legitimacy for Israel’s defensive efforts because Israel is being seen by world leaders as reasonable while Hamas is clearly the aggressor.
Netanyahu has ordered Israeli air strikes to recommence. Now the question is whether he and his security cabinet will decide a major ground operation is necessary and wise.
Clearly, we need to keep praying for calm to be restored soon. After all, so much pain and so much damage has been caused by this latest rocket war so far.
- Over 1081 rocket have been launched at Israel.
- 845 of those rockets hit Israel
- Approximately 191 rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system.
- The IDF has targeted over 1,576 terror targets, with both naval and aerial capabilities.
- More than 115 rockets were fired from Gaza towards Israel.
- At least 92 rockets struck Israel.
- 15 rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system.
- The IDF hit 163 terror targets in the Gaza Strip.
Learn more about The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com). This is an organization my wife and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her Arab neighbors in the name of Jesus, including caring for the poor and needy with food and other humanitarian relief. Read our 2013 Donor Report. Please pray for our team, especially as they care for people in the rocket zone. And please prayerfully consider making a generous, tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
- Receive every blog post automatically via the RSS feed.