(New York City, New York) — How high are the stakes if the U.S. and our allies don’t crush ISIS quickly?
On Saturday, I was interviewed by Governor Mike Huckabee. It was an honor to be on what turned out to be his last broadcast on the Fox News Channel, as he prepares for a possible presidential campaign. We discussed The Third Target, which I was encouraged to learn he had read the thriller in full last week. In addition to discussing the genocidal conditions emerging in Syria and Iraq for which ISIS bears large responsibility, and foreign policy mistakes of President Obama, the Governor also asked me about the threat ISIS poses specifically to Jordan, a key moderate Arab ally of the United States.
HUCKABEE: “You talk about Jordan in the book, and the important role that Jordan plays in a peaceful Middle East. What happens if Jordan falls apart?”
ROSENBERG: “It’s a nightmare scenario. You’re right, I went to Jordan. I sat with the Prime Minister, the Foreign Minister, with the Interior Minister and some others. The Interior Minister said, ‘Is this going to be like a Clancy book?’ I said, ‘I hope.’ And he said, ‘All right, good, sit down and take notes. Your scenario is what the King appointed me to make sure never happens. Yes, they are very worried. The Lebanese are worried. The Egyptians. And obviously Prime Minister Netanyahu….They’re worried. Why? Because if the Western alliance doesn’t stop ISIS — this Islamic State — they are going to take over and destroy one country after another. And given the problems we have on our Southern border, it is not an unreasonable scenario…to imagine ISIS terrorists coming in from our Southern border to attack here inside the United States.”
Here is the full video, in case you missed it. (it runs 5:23 minutes).
Here are a few excerpts from the Governor’s enthusiastic response to the novel:
- “My next guest began researching ISIS for his latest book well before most of us had ever heard of ISIS….he’s the author of the brand new book, The Third Target. Joel Rosenberg joins us now….
- “This book is like a prophecy. I know that you’re not pretending to be a prophet, but here’s what I find amazing. You were talking about ISIS in the book — researching it — thinking it’s years away. It kind of slipped up on everybody, didn’t it? I mean, this became the big story of 2014….
- “Your book is fiction. It’s a novel. It’s based on facts. It’s kind of like reading Tom Clancy — and by the way, it’s an incredible read. It’s one that you’re just spell-bound. But it is like reading the front pages of the paper. When you were writing this, did you think that your fictional story was going to become more like the front-page of the New York Times or the Washington Post?….
- “The book is absolutely outstanding….”
- Announcing #TheThirdTarget book tour w/events in Tyler, Austin, Dallas, Orange County, Ft. Myers & Naples, Florida
- Here’s audio of my Hannity radio show interview on #TheThirdTarget, ISIS & the Palestinian debate at the U.N.
- THE THIRD TARGET will be available in book stores across the U.S. and Canada in hardcover and audio book formats — and will be shipped to those who have pre-ordered it — on Tuesday, Jan. 6. It will also be released globally on Tuesday in e-book formats like Kindle, Nook & others.
- To pre-order THE THIRD TARGET, please click here.