For now, however, I just want to post a quick note to say thank you so much to each and everyone of you who are reading The Third Target, telling your friends about the book, talking about it on social media, and posting your reviews on Amazon, on other book sites, and on our “Epicenter Team” page on Facebook. With your incredibly generous support, The Third Target has just hit all of the major best-seller lists in the U.S.
- The novel debuts at #4 on the Publishers Weekly hardcover fiction best-seller list.
- It debuts at #5 on the Washington Post list.
- It debuts at #6 on the Wall Street Journal list.
- It debuts at #14 on the New York Times list.
- It debuts at #21 on the USA Today list.
Each publication has a different formula for determining its ranking of best-selling books. Some include e-book sales, while others don’t. Some include children’s books, while others don’t. Some draw data from specific independent book stores, but not others. This accounts for why there are so many different rankings.
That said, I am deeply humbled by the positive reaction to the book, and deeply grateful to all of our loyal fans, as well as to the many new people who are reading my novels for the first time. (I particularly love to get emails and Tweets from those of you who are still up at four and five o’clock in the morning, having been reading the novel all night — sorry to those of you who have to get up to work just a few hours later!)
The threat of Radical Islam is not the only danger Western civilization faces, but it is real and it is growing. And that’s a major reason I write novels, beginning with The Last Jihad in 2001– not simply to entertain but to educate and to warn and even to mobilize people to wake up to the dangers and take action. After all, to misunderstand the nature and threat of evil is to risk being blindsided by it. And evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide.
Thanks again — may God have mercy on us all.
- To order a copy of THE THIRD TARGET, please click here. It is now available in book stores across the U.S. and Canada in hardcover and audio book formats — and is being shipped to those who have pre-ordered it. It is also being released globally today in e-book formats like Kindle, Nook & others.