As readers of this blog know, the Islamic State, ISIS, and ISIL were not household words or concepts in 2013 when I began writing a new political thriller about this Radical Islamic jihadist movement plotting mass casualty attacks in the Middle East and the West.
By the time I handed in the manuscript in the summer of 2014, however, ISIS was on a jihadist rampage across the epicenter and dominating global headlines.
With interest in — and concern about — ISIS growing rapidly in the U.S. and Canada, Tyndale House Publishers decided to move up the release of The Third Target to January 6, 2015, from its original planned release in March.
The international geopolitical thriller — the only novel about ISIS of its kind on the market — immediately hit all the major hardcover fiction best-seller lists, including the New York Times. It is currently the #1 best-selling novel in the Christian publishing industry. And we have just learned that The Third Target has hit the Publishers Weekly hardcover fiction best-seller list for the 5th week in a row.
Many readers are asking me, “Is this the first book in a series?”
It is — and I’m glad to announce that I began writing the sequel to The Third Target today here in Israel.
My editors would like the manuscript by May. Tyndale hopes to release the next book early in 2016. So I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.
I also have several speaking commitments that I need to fulfill over the next few weeks. Among them:
- I will deliver a speech on U.S.-Israel relations and the threat of Iran and ISIS at the closing night dinner of the National Religious Broadcasters convention in Nashville on February 26th. (A special meal ticket is required for the event — please register here for the dinner). Also, I will be speaking on a panel about the threat of Radical Islam at the NRB convention. See here for more details.
- On March 1-3, I will be attending (but not speaking at) the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, D.C. The keynote speaker will be Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- On March 9-11, I will be speaking at a pastors conference in Tucson, Arizona. The focus of the conference is the life of Abraham.
- On March 13-15, Anne Graham Lotz and I will be teaching a conference on Bible prophecy at The Cove, a wonderful retreat center in Asheville, North Carolina. The focus of the conference is the Old Testament book of Joel.
- Then I fly right back to Israel to work on the novel and vote in the upcoming national elections here.
- On Sunday evening April 19th, I’m doing a special simulcast event for churches: “Do Christians In The Middle East Face Genocide? How Serious Is The Threat of ISIS & Radical Islam? What Can Christians In The West Really Do To Make A Difference?” With so much interest in these topics, I hope your church or small group Bible study will take advantage of this special event. Please register today.
I hope to see you at one of these events. In the meantime, please keep praying for America, Israel and our Arab allies at this critical moment.