(Nashville, Tennessee) — The American people overwhelming fear a nuclear holocaust if Iran is permitted to develop their nuclear program and build atomic warheads, according to exclusive polling data I have commissioned.
The policy of the United States and world community towards the Islamic Republic of Iran’s nuclear program should be:
- No possession of enriched uranium whatsoever — turn over all such material to the IAEA to be removed from the country; only retain what is being used to run peaceful nuclear reactors
- No uranium enrichment whatsoever — and full dismantlement of enrichment facilities and equipment
- No plutonium development whatsoever
- No purchase, building or testing of nuclear weapons, or components and technologies to build such weapons whatsoever
- No ICBM development, testing or deployment whatsoever
- No material support of terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah, Hamas, etc whatsoever
- Vigorous and consistent inspections by the IAEA
- Or else the international community which impose crushing economic and diplomatic sanctions, and reserve right to take other measures.
At the same time, explicit U.S. policy should be regime change in Iran.
Yet rather than do all in his power to end Iran’s nuclear program, news reports from the Associated Press and New York Times now indicate that as the P5+1 nuclear talks with Iran come to a deadline at the end of March, President Obama is preparing to cave into Iranian demands and give the terrorist leaders of Iran most of what they want.
Tragically, we are watching the emergence of the most dangerous deal with an enemy nation since British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain appeased Adolf Hitler and the Nazi regime in Germany in the late 1930s.
And all this in defiance of the American people’s wishes.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “If the world does not take decisive action, and the Iranian regime is permitted to build nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them, the Iranian regime will one day attempt to annihilate the State of Israel and bring about a Second Holocaust”?
- 80.2% agree
- 16.1% disagree
- 3.7% don’t know
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: “If the U.S. and our allies do not take decisive action, and the Iranian regime is permitted to build nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them, the Iranian regime will one day attempt to attack the homeland of the United States and bring about a nuclear holocaust”?
- 68.1% agree
- 23.3% disagree
- 8.6% don’t know
These results coming from exclusive polling I commissioned last year from McLaughlin & Associates, a nationally respected U.S. polling firm.
On February 18th, President Obama spoke to the “Summit on Countering Violent Extremism.” He told the gathered representatives from 60 countries that “in the face of this challenge, we have marshaled the full force of the United States government, and we’re working with allies and partners to dismantle terrorist organizations and protect the American people.”
Unfortunately, this is not true.
To the contrary, the President is appeasing the terrorist government of Iran and preparing to give the Radical Islam leaders in Tehran exactly what they want, including:
- Legitimate, legal, unhindered authority to enrich uranium – despite that numerous U.N. Security Council Resolution 1696 (passed in July 2006, almost a decade ago) “demands…that Iran shall suspend all enrichment-related and reprocessing activities, including research and development, to be verified by the IAEA.”
- Legal authority to stay on track to build nuclear weapons at the time of Iran’s choosing
- The phasing out and eventual removal of all international inspections of Iran’s nuclear program
- The phasing out and eventual end of all economic sanctions on Iran for their illegal nuclear activity
Meanwhile, the President is also:
- Ignoring Iran’s work in building ICBMs
- Ignoring Iran’s material support of terrorist organizations from Hezbollah to Hamas to Shia militia groups in Iraq, etc.
- Ignoring the counsel of our most faithful ally in the region, Israel, who faces an existential threat from a nuclear armed Iran and are pleading with the President not to agree to such a deal.
- Ignoring the counsel from our Arab allies in the region – including Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and several of the Gulf Emirates – who also believe they face a mortal threat from a nuclear armed Iran, and behind the scenes are pressing the President not to agree to such a deal.
I will be addressing these issues this afternoon at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention. Please follow me on Twitter for updates.