In just a few days, we will reach the March 31st deadline to complete nuclear negotiations with Iran.Yet rather than conclude a deal that would truly stop Iran from getting The Bomb and constrain Iranian aggression in the Middle East, consider the surreal events presently unfolding:
- The Supreme Leader of Iran, the Ayatollah Khamenei, has in recent days repeated his call for “Death to America,” yet the international community continues to offer Iran a legal path to enrich uranium, expand its nuclear infrastructure, end economic sanctions and remove all nuclear inspectors, and thus have a clear path to The Bomb.
- The international nuclear watchdog agency known as the IAEA is warning the world that Iran continues to refuse to disclose all of the military dimensions of its nuclear program, yet the international community continues to offer Iran a legal path to The Bomb. “The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency said that Iran has failed to provide the information or access needed to allay the agency’s concerns about the weapons potential of the country’s nuclear program,” reports the Washington Post. “With the deadline nearing for international talks on constraining Iran’s nuclear program, Yukiya Amano, director general of the IAEA, said in an interview that Iran has replied to just one of a dozen queries about ‘possible military dimensions’ of past nuclear activities.”
- Iranian-backed Shia Radicals known as the “Houthis” have led a miltiary coup in Yemen, a Middle Eastern nation that lies on the southern border of Saudi Arabia, a key American ally in the region. Yemen’s president, also an American ally, has resigned and fled the country. ISIS Radicals are also trying to take over the country and has launched a series of horrific suicide bombings in the capital of Sanaa. Chaos is unfolding as Tehran pushes to seize control of yet another country in the region in an effort to surround Saudi Arabia and eventually Israel. Yet rather than counter the Iranian Radicals, the U.S. has evacuated our Embassy and all our military forces from Yemen and has essentially surrendered the country to Iran, even as the world puts Iran on the legal path to The Bomb.
- Now, a Sunni Arab alliance led by Saudi Arabia — and comprising some ten nations, including Egypt, Jordan and some of the Gulf emirates — have launched a major military offensive to stop Iran’s attempt to seize Yemen. The Saudis have committed 150,000 soldiers and 100 fighter jets to a ground, air and naval war they have dubbed “Operation Decisive Storm.” The U.S. is providing some intelligence assistance but little else to block this Iranian coup attempt, even as President Obama prepares to put Iran on the legal path to The Bomb.
- At the same time, consider this bizarre but true headline: “U.S. Backs Iran With Airstrikes Against ISIS.” As Newsweek’s online magazine notes, “The American-led coalition is now launching airstrikes to support Iranian-backed militias and Iraqi troops in the key city of Tikrit, a U.S. official tells The Daily Beast. Those forces had previously kicked off their operation to reclaim Saddam Hussein’s hometown from the self-proclaimed Islamic State without informing the U.S. military. But when that campaign stalled, they turned to American airpower.”
- Meanwhile, the latest reports from the Iran negotiations suggest the U.S. is caving into Tehran’s demands in recent days, desperately hoping to secure an “historic” nuclear deal. As one report noted, “The Obama administration is giving in to Iranian demands about the scope of its nuclear program as negotiators work to finalize a framework agreement in the coming days, according to sources familiar with the administration’s position in the negotiations. U.S. negotiators are said to have given up ground on demands that Iran be forced to disclose the full range of its nuclear activities at the outset of a nuclear deal, a concession experts say would gut the verification the Obama administration has vowed would stand as the crux of a deal with Iran.”
- Increasingly, the evidence suggests President Obama sees Iran as a potential new force for peace and stability in the Middle East while seeing Israel as an obstacle to peace. As one respected Middle East analyst writing in the Wall Street Journal noted this week: “Let’s connect the dots. Data point No. 1: President Obama withdrew U.S. forces from Iraq in 2011 and is preparing to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2016, even while keeping a few more troops there this year and next than originally planned. Point No. 2: The Obama administration keeps largely silent about Iran’s power grab in Iraq, Syria and Yemen, even going so far now as to assist Iranian forces in Tikrit, while attempting to negotiate a nuclear deal with Tehran that would allow it to maintain thousands of centrifuges. Point No. 3: Mr. Obama berates Benjamin Netanyahu for allegedly “racist” campaign rhetoric, refuses to accept his apologies, and says the U.S. may now “re-assess options,” code words for allowing the United Nations to recognize a Palestinian state over Israeli objections. Taken together, these facts suggest that Mr. Obama is attempting to pull off the most fundamental realignment of U.S. foreign policy in a generation. The president is pulling America back from the leading military role it has played in the Middle East since 1979, the year the Iranian hostage crisis began and the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. He is trying to transform Iran from an enemy to a friend. He is diminishing the alliance with Israel, to lows not seen since the 1960s. Call it the Obama Doctrine: The U.S. puts down the burden, and Iran picks up the slack.”
Please pray that this terrible deal with Iran will:
- fall apart
- by blocked by France or another country at the negotiating table
- be blocked by Congress
- be dramatically changed to become a good deal that blocks Iran from The Bomb
Time is running out. Former Ambassador John Bolton has written an op-ed for the New York Times that the negotiations have failed and the time has come to bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities. Consider this excerpt: “The inescapable conclusion is that Iran will not negotiate away its nuclear program. Nor will sanctions block its building a broad and deep weapons infrastructure. The inconvenient truth is that only military action like Israel’s 1981 attack on Saddam Hussein’s Osirak reactor in Iraq or its 2007 destruction of a Syrian reactor, designed and built by North Korea, can accomplish what is required. Time is terribly short, but a strike can still succeed.”
Clearly, the Obama administration is not going to attack Iran.
Might Israel and a Sunni Arab alliance?
- To order a copy of THE THIRD TARGET, please click here. It is now available in book stores across the U.S. and Canada in hardcover and audio book formats . It is also available in e-book formats like Kindle, Nook & others.
- To order a copy of THE AUSCHWITZ ESCAPE, please click here. It is now available as a paperback, as well as in audio and e-book formats.