UPDATED: Iran’s Supreme Leader, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has yet again vowed to his people that Israel will be annihilated in the near future.
“Firstly, you will not see next 25 years — God willing, there will be nothing as Zionist regime by next 25 years,” Khamenei Tweeted to the leaders and people of Israel. “Secondly, until then, struggling, heroic and jihadi morale will leave no moment of serenity for Zionists.”
This, even as President Obama tries to prevent Congress from voting against his nuclear deal with Iran, a deal that even top Senate Democrats say will lead to nuclear weaponization.
A fascinating new poll commissioned by “Secure America Now” (different from the Pew poll) shows the American people dead-set against the President’s dangerous Iran treaty and ready to retaliate against Members of Congress who support it.
- 69% of all voters believe that Congress should be required to vote on the Iran deal.
- Only 34% of Americans would support a presidential veto if Congress votes against the deal.
- 56% support a Congressional override if the president does veto the deal, including 25% of Democrats.
- 78% say their Congressman and Senators should oppose the Iran deal because it lifts sanctions and gives Iran $100 billion to finance terror.”
- 88% say Congress should not approve a deal that let’s Iran inspect its own nuclear sites — this includes 79% of Democrats. Only 7% support allowing Iran to inspect their own sites without international inspectors being involved.
- 65% say that it’s so important to vote on this agreement that if their Senators tried to stop a vote in Congress they would never vote for them again.
- 54% say if their Senators or Congressman support they deal, they’re never voting for them again
- 62% say this deal will make Iran a “more dangerous enemy” of the United States, while only 17% believe it will make Iran more of a “friend” to the U.S.
“This poll underscores what we’re already seeing in the presidential race.” says GOP pollster John McLaughlin. “Americans are angry about Washington. They see it as dishonest and corrupt. Now our President wants to allow the most important security agreement in our lifetime to go into effect without a majority vote of Congress. If even a portion of the voters who told us they would never again vote for a Senator or Congressman who supported this deal stick to that view, there will be severe retribution in November 2016 and 2018. They don’t trust Iran and are going to hold their representatives accountable for American security.”
The survey, conducted jointly by Caddell Associates and McLaughlin & Associates on September 2nd and 3rd, also found that 78 percent wanted Congress to oppose the deal on the grounds that it lifts sanctions and would provide Iran with $100 billion that it can use to finance terror activities.
“These results provide more evidence that 2016 isn’t going to be a typical election cycle, and should be sober reading for Democrats who are prepared to attempt to shutdown a vote,” said Democrat pollster and strategist Pat Caddell.
- History will remember what Senate Majority Leader McConnell does now. Will he handle the Iran deal as a foreign treaty in keeping with the Constitution? Or will he surrender?
- It’s not too late for the Senate to stop the President’s dangerous Iran deal from becoming U.S. law. Here’s how to follow the Constitution.
- My latest Fox News interview on the Iran nuclear deal and what Israel may do next.
- FACT SHEET: Why is the Iran nuclear treaty so dangerous?
- Pre-order your copies of THE FIRST HOSTAGE now in hardcover, e-book or audio formats — it releases on December 29, 2015
- Order The Third Target today — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- To read The Twelfth Imam series — a trilogy of novels I wrote about an American President pressuring an Israeli Prime Minister not to launch unilateral military strikes against Iran, but Israel feeling forced to do so anyway — please click here.