(Dallas, Texas) — The other day, I was interviewed by Todd Starnes of Fox News. He asked me about my family’s move as a family to Israel and my experience writing novels that seem to foreshadow future terrorist attacks and wars. He also asked me about my take on the 2016 presidential campaign and whether President Obama or the leading presidential candidates understand the threat of Apocalyptic Islam and are prepared to deal with it.
Todd just finished reading The First Hostage. He very graciously called it “a page-turning political thriller” and “a riveting account of Islamic radicals kidnapping an American president.” And as he opened the podcast, he took me aback by saying, “one of my favorite authors on the entire planet is a guy named Joel C. Rosenberg,” noting that he was introduced to my novels through Rush Limbaugh talking about them on his programs.
I very much enjoyed our conversation, and it was one of the more thoughtful discussions I’ve done on the book tour so far. It runs about 30 minutes. Hope you’ll take time to listen to the podcast (I’ve just become a subscriber), and share it with others.
- Here’s a link to the podcast of our interview.
- Here’s a link to the column Todd just wrote for Fox News’ website, “Could Obama’s nuke deal unleash Iran’s Apocalyptic Muslims?”
“Once you understand Apocalyptic Islam, you understand just how dangerous it is to give Iran not just one path to nuclear weapons, but two,” he said. “This president doesn’t understand the threat of radical Islam. He won’t even define that – much less Apocalyptic Islam.”
And he doesn’t hold out much hope for the current presidential frontrunners [Secretary Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump] either.
“This is a very challenging year when you have a president and two frontrunners who just don’t understand the most serious foreign policy threat of our time,” he said. “That is not comforting.” Rosenberg has offered counsel to several Republican presidential campaigns including Senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.
“Senator Rubio totally gets it,” he said. “He’s been using that language in the debates and in his speeches.”
Among the others who “get it” are Cruz, Jeb Bush and Rick Santorum.
- [NOTE: here is an example of Cruz discussing Apocalyptic Islam]
- [NOTE: here is Santorum on the subject, who has led on this subject for many years]
- [NOTE: here is Jeb on Radical Islam, though I haven’t heard him speak specifically on Apocalyptic Islam.]
What about Donald Trump?
“It’s clear [Trump] doesn’t understand this,” he said. ‘It’s just all bloviating.'”
[NOTE: Examples of how Trump doesn’t understand foreign policy or threat of Apocalyptic Islam….
- Donald Trump Would Not Rip Up The Iran Deal
- In departure from Republicans, Trump wouldn’t ‘rip up’ Iran deal
- Trump: I Get My Military Advice from Watching Shows
- Trump fumbles Hewitt question on terror leaders
- Donald Trump Doesn’t Quite Know the Difference Between the ‘Kurds’ and the ‘Quds’
- Donald Trump’s Imaginary Foreign Policy Experts
- Trump’s Foreign Policy Is All Over the Map
- Putin praises ‘bright and talented’ Trump
- Putin endorses Trump
- Donald Trump lavishes praise on ‘leader’ Putin
- Trump on Putin’s alleged killing of journalists: ‘At least he’s a leader’
- TRUMP: Let’s slap a 45% tariff on Chinese imports
It’s not so much that the world is facing a future threat — the threat is already here.
“These people are crucifying Christians, they’re beheading people” he said. “They are creating mayhem and really genocidal conditions in Syria and Iraq and our current president is just using half measure to run some sort of public relations war against them.”
He [President Obama] doesn’t have a plan.
[FINAL NOTE: Though I forgot to mention him during the interview, I would note that Gov. Huckabee understands that threat of Apocalyptic Islam, as well.]
- Order The First Hostage today — a new political thriller about ISIS launching a chemical weapons attack against Israel, Jordan and the United States — it’s now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- FACT SHEET: The Iranian leadership’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- FACT SHEET: The Islamic State’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- What the next US president will need to know about Iran and Islamic State. (my column in The Jerusalem Post)
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution before the end of the year.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg