(Central Israel) — After an intense but wonderful month-long book tour in the U.S., I’m so glad to report that I’m back in Israel with my family, safe and sound. Thanks to all of you who are sending me messages via Twitter, Facebook and email regarding the next novel in the J.B. Collins series. Please rest assured that I’m hard at work on the next novel. Indeed, I began developing the outline in December, and this coming week I’ll actually start writing.
For me, one of the most interesting aspects of being an author is meeting people all over the U.S., Canada and around the world who are reading my books, as well as hearing about all different kinds of people from all walks of life and in all kinds of jobs and professions who are reading and enjoying the books.
To that end, here’s a fun photo that popped up on the Reuters wire service this past week — Senator Marco Rubio boarding a flight from New Hampshire to South Carolina carrying a few books for reading on the plane, including one of my political thrillers, The Twelfth Imam.
Whereas my current series of novels — The Third Target and The First Hostage — focus on a plot by the apocalyptic, genocidal leaders of the Islamic State to attack the U.S., Israel and Jordan with chemical weapons, The Twelfth Imam was the first in a trilogy of thrillers I wrote several years ago that focused on the Iran nuclear threat.
Here’s a brief description of The Twelfth Imam: “As the apocalyptic leaders of Iran call for the annihilation of Israel and the U.S., CIA operative David Shirazi is sent into Tehran with one objective: use all means necessary to disrupt Iran’s nuclear weapons program, without leaving American fingerprints and without triggering a regional war. At extreme personal risk, Shirazi executes his plan. A native Farsi speaker whose family escaped from Iran in 1979, he couldn’t be better prepared for the mission. But none of his training has prepared Shirazi for what will happen next. An obscure religious cleric is suddenly hailed throughout the region as the Islamic messiah known as the Mahdi or the Twelfth Imam. News of his miracles, healings, signs, and wonders spreads like wildfire, as do rumors of a new and horrific war. With the prophecy of the Twelfth Imam seemingly fulfilled, Iran’s military prepares to strike Israel and bring about the End of Days. Shirazi must take action to save his country and the world, but the clock is ticking.”
This novel was then followed by two more in the series, The Tehran Initiative and Damascus Countdown. I’m encouraged to see Senator Rubio beginning the series, and I hope you’ll start reading them, as well, if you haven’t already. In fact, if you do, please send me a picture!
(NOTE: This is not an endorsement of a candidate. In the spirit of fairness, let me be clear: I’ll be very happy to post photos of other presidential candidates carrying and reading copies of my books, as well.)
- Order The First Hostage today — a new political thriller (four weeks on the Publishers Weekly best-seller list) about ISIS plotting a chemical weapons attack against Israel, Jordan and the United States — it’s now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- FACT SHEET: The Iranian leadership’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- FACT SHEET: The Islamic State’s Apocalyptic Beliefs
- What the next US president will need to know about Iran and Islamic State. (my column in The Jerusalem Post)
- What’s the difference between Apocalyptic Islamic eschatology & Biblical eschatology? And why does it matter? (Video & sermon notes)
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution before the end of the year.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg