“A wave of bombings that killed at least 30 people in Brussels were carried out by Isis militants, the group has claimed,” reports the UK Independent.
Two minutes ago, Reuters published a similar story that ISIS has claimed responsibility for the horrific attacks in the city that is headquarters for the European Union and NATO.
“In a statement released through one of its propaganda outlets, the so-called Islamic State said ‘explosive belts and devices’ were used,” the Independent noted on its website.
“Islamic State fighters opened fire inside Zaventem Airport, before several of them detonated their explosive belts, as a martyrdom bomber detonated his explosive belt in the Maalbeek metro station,” a spokesperson said. “The attacks resulted in more than 230 dead and wounded.” The group also said Belgium was targeted as “a country participating in the international coalition against the Islamic State.”
- Order The First Hostage today — the new political thriller about ISIS plotting a chemical weapons attack against Israel, Jordan and the United States — is available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and make a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution before the end of the year.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg