Some good news this week — the number of terrorist attacks inside Israel has plunged from a high of 70 last October to only six in July.
“The number of terrorist attacks in Israel last month was one of the lowest in 10 months,” reports the Jerusalem Post. “There were six attacks in July, according to the IDF, a drastic fall from the 70 seen last October. Since the current wave of terrorism began, 41 Israelis and foreigners and about 250 Palestinians have died.”
“A senior IDF officer told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday that the July number shows that recent tactics used by the security system are working,” the Post noted. “These include a combination of precise intelligence from the Shin Bet (Israeli Security Agency) with daily and nightly IDF operations to distinguish terrorists from the rest of the population in the West Bank. The operations allow the majority of Palestinians, including 100,000 holders of Israeli work permits, to continue with their day to day routines.”
The article further noted that “the success in pinpointing and stopping terrorism, most of which has come from ‘lone wolf’ attackers, will be a major issue brought up by IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot during his visit this week to the United States. Eisenkot is a guest of Gen. Joseph F. Dunford, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff. This is the third meeting between the two since Eisenkot entered his position a year and a half ago. Dunford has been a guest of the IDF in Israel twice.”
Thank the Lord for His grace and mercy on both Jews and Arabs and other nationalities here. Thanks, too, to all of you who in the U.S., Canada, and around the world who continue to faithfully and consistently pray for the peace of Jerusalem in obedience to Psalm 122. The Lord is hearing and answering these prayers, and we have much for which to be grateful. Let’s keep praying — and praying especially for those who have been wounded over the past year, and for the families and friends of those who have been killed and are still grieving.
- Order The First Hostage today — the new political thriller about ISIS plotting a terrorist attacks against Israel, Jordan and the United States — available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this new series — now out in paperback — the New York Times best-selling novel about ISIS capturing chemical weapons in Syria and plotting genocidal attacks on the U.S. and our Mideast allies.
- Make an investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net), our non-profit organization to help Christians care for Syrian refugees, educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. Read our latest Donor Report, and prayerfully consider making a tax deductible, secure, on-line contribution. Thanks so much!
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg