NOTE: Until a few years ago, I had never visited Auschwitz. Now, having walked through the death camp, and the adjoining Birkenau camp, and learned so much more of its horrors, I believe every Jew and every Christian should. Here’s a video I made when I was there. It’s short, but I hope it’s helpful, especially today as we mark International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Never Forget.
UPDATED: President Trump will announce on Thursday his choice to replace the late-Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Trump may choose the venue of the National Prayer Breakfast, to be held at the Washington Hilton that morning.
That would be fitting. This will be an enormous political and spiritual battle, and we need to be on our knees in prayer.
Make no mistake: choosing the next Supreme Court Justice will be one of the most consequential decisions of the Trump presidency. It will also be a critical test of how serious he is in keeping his promises to conservatives and Evangelicals to appoint solid, experienced, pro-life, pro-freedom, Constitutional conservatives to the High Court.
Liberal Justices have wrought enormous damage to the United States, and helped set the country on the road to judgment. To date, for example, more than 58 million babies have been aborted in America since the morally and legally reprehensible Roe v. Wade decision of 1973. Even “Jane Roe” herself — her real name is Norma McCorvey — has repudiated and called for that dreadful decision to be overturned. May that come to pass soon. [Read, “Woman Behind Roe v. Wade: “I’m Dedicating My Life to Overturning It.”]
Let us, therefore, pray without ceasing for the President to have the wisdom to make the right choice. Let’s be pray faithfully, too, for the Senate to have the wisdom to confirm that person quickly.
Rumor has it there are now just three names on the President’s short list — Neil Gorsuch, Thomas Hardiman and William Pryor, each of whom are federal Appeals Court judges, and all under the age of 55. Some say Gorsuch is the favorite, and Pryor’s chances are fading.
A very conservative source I have who is close to the selection process tells me the list is down to just Gorsuch and Hardiman and says “both would be excellent” choices.
Here are brief but useful profiles of each of the three, via SCOTUSblog:
Also, today in the March For Life in Washington — please participate in person if you’re anywhere near D.C., and by prayer if you’re anywhere else. May the Lord have mercy on America at this critical time.
- You can now pre-order Without Warning in hardcover, ebook and audio formats. It will release on March 14, 2017. Click here for details.
- Order The First Hostage today — the second in this series of political thriller about genocidal ISIS leaders plotting a terrorist attacks against Israel, Jordan and the United States — available in paperback, hardcover, e-book and audio formats.
- Order THE THIRD TARGET today , the first in this trilogy — now out in paperback.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization Lynn and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.
- Follow on Twitter — @joelcrosenberg
[This column is based on my personal beliefs and opinions. I share them in my personal capacity as a dual US-Israeli citizen and an author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Joshua Fund, which is a non-profit organization and takes no political or legislative positions.]