(New York, New York) — Today, I did a 30 minute interview on ABC News Live, the network’s social media platform.
Correspondent Amna Nawaz, a lovely American Muslim journalist of Pakistani descent, asked me about the process of writing Without Warning, where I get the inspiration and ideas for my political thrillers, and how I wound up meeting with the King of Jordan.
She also asked me about the intersection between fiction and reality, my thoughts about the differences between President Obama’s approach to ISIS and President Trump’s approach, and why as a Jewish Evangelical I’m deeply concerned about Islamophobia.
During the interview, I noted that President Trump is the first American President to ever use the term “radical Islamic terrorism.” Neither President George W. Bush or Barack Obama used the term. I then called on Mr. Trump to give a major address defining what he means by the term, and urged him to be careful to explain the nature and magnitude of the threat to the American people, but also to always make clear that he’s not talking about all Muslims being a threat to us.
It was the most interesting interview I’ve done all week, and the first on this series about ISIS that I’ve done with a Muslim journalist. I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch.
- This week, FoxNews.com published a column of mine — “Are We Winning Or Losing The War Against ISIS?” — in which I examine the latest intelligence, and reveal some of the polling data. You can read the full column by clicking here.
- We have published a detailed polling memo so you can see all the questions we asked, the results, the methodology, and many of the cross-tabs. You can read the polling memo by clicking here.
- We have also issued a press released explaining the poll. You can read the full press release by clicking here.
- Without Warning is now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, CBD, Lifeway, and your favorite general market and Christian bookstores. To order online, please click here.
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.net)? This is the non-profit organization Lynn and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Click here to read the 2016 Joshua Fund Donor Report — and watch the short videos, as well
- Subscribe (free) to the RSS feed (click here) and receive every new posting on this blog directly via email.