(Jerusalem, Israel) — Tensions between Iran and Israel are spiking dramatically after four major recent events:
- Israel stole 100,000 top secret Iranian nuclear weapons documents and then revealed them to the world.
- President Trump denounced the fatally flawed Iran nuclear deal (JCPOA) and announced the U.S. is withdrawing from the agreement and will impose tough sanctions.
- Israel has repeatedly attacked Iranian military bases in Syria, vowing to prevent Iran from building a permanent military presence on Israel’s northern border.
- President Trump on Monday will formally move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Overnight, Iran fired dozens of missiles and rockets at northern Israeli towns and military bases. Israel hit Iranian forces in Syria again.
More than ever, I’d ask readers to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and everyone in the region, and to mobilize others to pray, as well.
While the prospect for a full-blown war is growing, I’m not convinced Iran’s leaders feel the time is ripe to go all-out against Israel. I’ll provide more analysis in the days ahead. But here’s some of the Israeli media coverage worth noting at the moment.
- After Iranian Quds Force missile attack, Israel pounds Iranian targets in Syria (Israel Hayom) — In “one of the air force’s largest operations in recent decades,” over 50 Iranian targets in Syria destroyed after Iran fires 20 missiles at IDF bases • “The Quds Force paid a heavy price, it will take the Iranians a long time to recover,” military says.
- Israel security cabinet meets as Iranian official warns “revenge will come” (Times of Israel)
- Northern border tensions make Jerusalemites feel like ‘war is in the air’ (Jerusalem Post)
- Palestinians announce embassy move date to be ‘day of rage’ (Jerusalem Post)
- IDF instructs opening bomb shelters in Golan Heights (Ynet News)
- White House condemns Iran after rocket attack, “strongly supports” Israel’s right to self-defense (Haaretz)
- To order a copy of The Kremlin Conspiracy — now available in hardcover, e-book and audio formats — please click here, or order from any of your favorite general market or Christian bookstores.
- To order copies of the new mass market paperbacks of the J.B. Collins novels — my most recent trilogy of novels about ISIS plotting attacks on the U.S., Israel, Jordan and Egypt — please click here.
- Learn all about The Joshua Fund’s Holy Land tour in July and the 2018 Epicenter Prayer Summit in Jerusalem — only 20 seats left — come meet Israelis and Palestinians and pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the region!
- Would you like to make a secure, tax deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, to care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and strengthen the Church in the epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!