(Washington, D.C.) — This morning, The Jerusalem Post published a new column of mine, “Will President Trump’s Mideast Peace Plan Really Be ‘Dead On Arrival’? Not If POTUS Makes It Easier For Gulf States To Move Towards Israel.”
- Soon after the April 9 elections, the White House is expected to unveil US President Donald Trump’s long-anticipated plan to advance peace in the Middle East. Critics aren’t waiting to read the actual text. They’ve already declared the effort doomed from the start. Yet such cynicism could very well prove wildly off the mark….
- “Kushner’s Peace Plan Looks Dead on Arrival,” declared Politico.
- “Kushner’s Peace Plan Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen,” insisted Foreign Policy magazine.
- “Trump’s pursuit of his ultimate deal is almost certain to turn into the ultimate failure,” concluded Aaron David Miller, a former State Department official.
- Palestinian leaders, meanwhile, have been publicly blasting the plan for months, while adamantly refusing to meet with administration officials.
- Last July, Riyad Mansour, the Palestinian ambassador to the UN, vowed the Trump plan would be “dead on arrival.”
- Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said in November “the deal of the century is… the slap of the century” and “will not pass.”
- Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator, recently denounced the plan as “a ridiculous and doomed-to-fail attempt at normalizing Israeli crimes.”
- Despite such a barrage of criticism, there are, however, two reasons why such conventional wisdom may prove entirely wrong….
- PRE-ORDER — To get your own copy of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE — a political thriller about the U.S., Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia trying to thwart a plot by Iran to buy operational nuclear weapons from North Korea — in hardcover, e-book, large print, or audio formats, please click here.
- Register to attend my address at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library on Thursday, March 28th.
- Announcing 12-city book tour for The Persian Gamble — pick a city near you, register and make plans to join us!
- Come on a cruise to New England & Canada with Lynn, me and The Joshua Fund team in the Fall of 2019! Learn more and sign up to join us today.
- Would you like to make a tax-deductible investment in The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com)? This is the non-profit organization that my wife, Lynn, and I founded in 2006 to educate and mobilize Christians to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus — to teach the Word of God, encourage pastors, care for the poor and needy in Israel (both Jews and Arabs) with food and other humanitarian relief, care for Holocaust survivors, care for Syrian and Iraqi refugees, and in many other ways strengthen the Church in the Epicenter. The Joshua Fund is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Please click here to learn more. Thanks so much!
- Visit Joel’s website at www.joelrosenberg.com.
- Sign up to get every blog Joel writes delivered immediately to you by email — just click here and enter your email address in the RSS feed section (see top right-hand section of the blog’s homepage.