Joel C. Rosenberg (www.joelrosenberg.com) is a New York Times best-selling author of novels and non-fiction books, with nearly 5 million copies sold.
He has been interviewed on hundreds of radio and TV shows, including ABC’s “Nightline,” CNN, CNN Headline News, C-SPAN, Fox News, MSNBC, The History Channel, the Rush Limbaugh Show, the Sean Hannity Show, and the Glenn Beck Show. His articles and columns have been published by National Review, FoxNews.com, CNN.com, the Jerusalem Post, World magazine, and the Washington Times, among others. He has been profiled by the New York Times, the Washington Times and the Jerusalem Post.
Joel has spoken to audiences and met with religious and government leaders all across the U.S. and Canada and around the world, including Israel, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, the UAE, Turkey, Afghanistan, Russia, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, India, South Korea, and the Philippines. He has also addressed audiences at the White House and the Pentagon, addressed Members of Congress on Capitol Hill, Members of the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa, and addressed a conference held at the European Union Parliament in Brussels.
He is the Founder and Chairman of The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com), a non-profit educational and charitable organization he and his wife launched in 2006 to mobilize Christians to “bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3.”
Joel’s books, most of which are published in numerous languages, include:
The Last Jihad (2002)
The Last Days (2003)
The Ezekiel Option (2005)
The Copper Scroll (2006)
Epicenter: Why The Current Rumblings In The Middle East Will Change Your Future (2006, non-fiction; an updated version, Epicenter 2.0, was released in paperback in 2008)
Dead Heat (2008)
Inside The Revolution: How the Followers of Jihad, Jefferson & Jesus are Battling To Dominate the Middle East and Transform the World (2009, non-fiction)
The Twelfth Imam (2010)
The Tehran Initiative (2011)
Implosion: Can America Recover From Its Economic and Spiritual Challenges In Time? (2012, non-fiction)
Israel At War: Inside The Nuclear Showdown With Iran (2012, non-fiction e-book)
- The Invested Life: Making Disciples of All Nations One Person At A Time, written with Dr. T.E. Koshy (2012, non-fiction, paperback)
- Damascus Countdown (2013)
- The Auschwitz Escape (2014)
- The Third Target (January 6, 2015)
- The First Hostage (December 29, 2015)
- Without Warning (March 2017)
- The Kremlin Conspiracy (March 2018)
He has produced two documentary films, based on two of his non-fiction books, Epicenter and Inside The Revolution.
Several of his books have won national awards.
- The Ezekiel Option was named by the ECPA as the Gold Medallion Award winner for the “Best Novel of 2006.”
- He is a five-time winner of the “Retailers Choice Award” for best books of the year in fiction and non-fiction categories. These awards, presented annually by Christian Retailing magazine, are based on the voting of people working in the Christian publishing and music industries.
- In 2007, Epicenter won in the “Christian Living” category.
- In 2009, Dead Heat won in the “Fiction: Mystery & Suspense” category.
- In 2010, Inside The Revolution won in the “Social Issues” category.
- In 2011, The Twelfth Imam won in the “Fiction: Mystery & Suspense” category.
- In 2012, The Tehran Initiative won in the “Fiction: Mystery & Suspense” category.
- The Auschwitz Escape was a finalist in the 2014 GoodReads “Choice Awards” for “Best Historical Fiction,” finishing in 4th place out of 21 contenders.
Several of his books have reached the top or near the top of national best-seller lists.
- The Last Jihad hit #1 on the Amazon.com best-seller list.
- Dead Heat reached #4 on the New York Times hardcover fiction best-seller list.
- The Third Target hit #4 on the Publishers Weekly hardcover fiction best-seller list, and spent two months as the #1 best-selling work of fiction in the Christian market in North America.
- The First Hostage was also the #1 best-selling work of fiction in the Christian market in North America.
- The Kremlin Conspiracy hit #6 on the Publishers Weekly hardcover fiction best-seller list, as well as hitting the New York Times and USA Today lists.
Joel was born in Syracuse, New York. His father is a first-generation American from a Jewish background whose parents and grandparents emigrated from Russia and settled in Brooklyn, New York. His mother, a Gentile, was raised in Rome, New York. When Joel was two, his parents moved to a community just outside of Rochester, New York. He grew up in the small town of Fairport and graduated from Fairport High School in 1985. He attended Syracuse University (1985-1989) — spending one semester of his junior year studying at Tel Aviv University (August 1987 to January 1988) — and graduated from S.U. with a B.F.A. in Film Drama in May 1989.
Joel married his college sweetheart, Lynn, in June of 1990. Together, they made their home in the Washington, D.C. area for 24 years. They and their four sons — Caleb, Jacob, Jonah, and Noah — now live in Israel.
- For more information on conferences Joel organizes, please visit www.epicenterconference.com.
- You can find his weblog at https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/.
- You can sign up for his “Flash Traffic” email updates at http://www.joelrosenberg.com/flashtraffic_form.asp.
- You can follow him on Twitter @joelcrosenberg.